I woke up today
Realizing that I have a superpower.
I can make my teenage sons
- Roll their Eyes
- Shake their heads.
So, far it’s working pretty well.
I just have to figure out how to channel it into something useful.
I feel my superpower coming upon me when I:
- Say a phrase like “street cred” and use it in a sentence
- Talk about the latest sports trade like I’m interested
- Use initials when I speak of famous athletes, like they are my personal friends
- Purposely misuse hip slang words
- Drag the virtual into the world of reality – “I really like that you liked my Instagram post.”
- Sarcastically over-praise them for minor things that I’m happy about: “I think it’s great that you made your bed today. (thumbs up) You’re the best.”
Sometimes I follow up a trendy phrase with a wink and I flash the peace sign.
They might be a little puzzled…. unless they read this blog post.
Which they never do.
© Lisa M. Luciano
Mother of six boys,
who all seem to still love me,
despite my superpowers and super failures.
Word Prompt of the Day – Glimmer