Sometimes, it seems like the universe slows down and allows time to stretch* such as:
- When you are caught in traffic and late for an appointment.
- When you are waiting in a line with more than one child.
- When you are driving on the highway in the middle of nowhere and you have to go to the bathroom.
- When everyone is waiting for dinner, forks in hand, and the rice isn’t quite done yet.
- When you say something courageous but possibly controversial and your words hang suspended in the quiet air.
- When the customer service representative puts you on hold and more than one child is in the room with you and the pot is boiling over on the stove and then someone rings the doorbell.
- When you cannot proceed with a plan until you receive a text back from a person and days go by…
- When someone is telling you their enthralling, but long and detailed, story and you know you needed to leave 10 minutes ago.
- When you are waiting for a bank deposit to land within the reach of your electronic fingertips.
- When Mom dashes into the fabric store saying, “I’ll be right back” and she takes 15 minutes longer than she’d planned. (this one was enthusiastically contributed by my 11-year old son.)
*thoughts prompted by a homeschool lesson on Albert Einstein!
© Lisa M. Luciano